My tracking info says my package was delivered but why haven’t I received the package?
We deliver via USPS and find it to be reliable and affordable for all. Most packages delivered have no problem getting to their destination within 3-5 days. Some packages may take a bit longer.
And while rare, some may never make it to their destination. (NOTE: in rare cases, packages may show as 'delivered' but could take an additional 24 hours to receive).
From our research, the number of USPS packages lost appears to be less than 1% - so that means you have a 99% likelihood of getting your package. A lost package can happen when you consider that USPS is responsible for processing and delivering an average of 20.5 million packages per day.
Common causes of delayed or lost packages include:
- Address was entered incorrectly.
- USPS error: delivered to the wrong address. USPS person placed the box in a safer spot (learn more).
- The package was stolen.
- Package was misplaced or accidentally taken (more common in shared housing, apartments, condominiums).
So what to do?
- Do a few practical things e.g.:
- Wait a few days (packages usually show up).
- Double-check the shipping address you entered.
- Ask neighbors if they received your package.
- Contact your local USPS post office
- Not the USPS hotline. Your local post office will be able to provide quicker, and better service.
- Ask them who delivered the package, and when they delivered it to your location. They are used to these questions, and will generally provide helpful information.
- If after 7 days you still can not locate your package, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help resolve. (NOTE: if we send a replacement shipment and you end up receiving the original, we’d appreciate it if you let us know and arrange payment with us).