How does remineralization work?
The process of remineralization and the amount of time it takes is dependent on many factors:
- the status of your PH - an overly acidic system and mouth can cause demineralization, sensitivity and erosion. If you are experiencing any of this you'll need to correct it in order to remineralize your teeth.
- the status of minerals in your system - are you taking/do you have enough macro (calcium, magnesium, phosphate) and trace minerals in your system to remineralize? Keep in mind, calcium needs magnesium to work in your system. While fluoride is touted for remineralization it is artificial/synthetic and creates brittle teeth.
- ingredients in your toothpaste - are you using a toothpaste that contains a lot of glycerin (like a sensitive toothpaste formula)? glycerin can coat the teeth and inhibit remineralization
- status of overall oral health - do you have regular cleanings (plaque removal)?
- saliva production - is your mouth dry? are you producing enough saliva? saliva washes your teeth and provides minerals
This article describes the process. This study discusses the Demineralization–remineralization dynamics in teeth and bone.. We encourage youto research for yourself too.
Akamai Mineral Toothpaste supports remineralization by providing:
- absorbable minerals - food grade calcium bentonite clay with macro and trace minerals and fulvic acid (a plant based source of trace minerals that improves absorption of all nutrients)
- cleaning power, leaving no residue (contains no glycerin)
- salivation due to the bitter/savory flavor (added salt and no sweetener)
- control of bad bacteria while detoxing the mouth (clays, coconut oil, essential oils)
- neutral to Alkaline PH - our toothpaste has a PH between 6.7 - 7.5
In short, remineralization and optimal oral health requires a whole body approach that includes diet and supplementation to control acidity and add minerals and nutrients, along with regular dental cleanings and check-ups...... AND the right oral care products.
We offer our Mineral Toothpaste, Oil Pulling Mouthwash and Fulvic Mineral Complex in full support of the remineralization process.
As always, we recommend that you discuss remineralization with your Holistic or Biological dentist.